Attend the Melbourne Cup in style - via Cruise ship! This once a year tradition is definitely one to consider on your cruise itinerary. Departing from either Sydney or Brisbane you can combine a cruising holiday with an attendance at one of Australia's premiere events. The Melbourne Cup on the first Tuesday of November is a horse racing spectacular. Combine cruising, socialising, wining and dining with a Short Cruise down to Melbourne for this special occasion.
We have a range of Cruises from Sydney and Brisbane for 6, 7 and 8 nights arriving in Melbourne just in time to experience Melbourne's most glamorous event. The Birdcage or Members Car Park is just a Cruise away! Indulge in a beauty treatment on you're way down, or relax by the pool - the choice is yours.
Departing Sydney & Brisbane in 2018 / 2019
|Melbourne Cup Cruise||P&O Cruises||Saturday 03 Nov, 2018||6 nights on Pacific Eden||From $675*|
|Melbourne Cup Cruise||P&O Cruises||Saturday 03 Nov, 2018||6 nights on Pacific...||From $755*|
|Melbourne Cup Cruise||P&O Cruises||Saturday 02 Nov, 2019||6 nights on Pacific...||From $844*|
|Melbourne Cup Cruise||Carnival Cruises||Sunday 03 Nov, 2019||6 nights on Carnival Spirit||From $963*|
|Melbourne Cup Cruise||P&O Cruises||Saturday 02 Nov, 2019||7 nights on Pacific Dawn||From $1027*|
|Melbourne Cup Cruise||Carnival Cruises||Sunday 04 Nov, 2018||6 nights on Carnival Spirit||From $1046*|
Before you go - here are a few things you should know about the Melbourne Cup:
- The first Melbourne Cup was held in 1861.
- The first winner "Archer" (from NSW) collected £170 and a gold watch as prize money!
- It is the richest "two-mile" handicap in the world.
- It is affectionately known as the "Race that stops a nation".
- The event starts at 3pm on the First Tuesday in November at Flemington Racecourse.
- The current record holder Kingston Rule (1990) won in a time of 3m 16.3s.
- Prizemoney is $6.2m AUD (2013).